Tuesday, January 16, 2007

*a round of heart felt thank you's & a cup of joe*


when i first started creating and posting my creations online, i wasn't sure what type of response i would receive, if any.

i truly believe it takes a strong person to expose themselves to the multitudes of people on the world wide web. and more importantly, it takes a stronger person to have the belief in themselves as well as their product. but even those who may be the strongest still need encouragement.

even though i am for the most part faceless, even though many people don't know my real name, i am still exposed. my product is me. the fabric, my skin. the thread, my veins, the pattern, my hope, the finishings, my fears. every item that i create is full of every emotion i experience before, during, and after its creation.

when a customer purchases an item from me, they are telling me that i am able. when they receive their item and are filled with happiness from it, they are telling me that i am worthy. when they take time to write me & thank me, they are telling me that, i am...period.

i am thankful for so many who have shown, with out solicitation, their belief in me and their hope for my success.


i want to give the biggest hug to christina, who runs mom-co, she has been a great believer in olilo from the start. she is also incredibly talented and her items are so full of character and sweetness, i *adore* her mini art quilts, amazing. check her shop out at jamtartbaby. she is truly unique, i love her. thank you so much.

i also want to thank saidie, who's shop you can find here it is full of the wonderful jewelry and clothing. i am particularly in love with her button rings. she also has a blog, Saidie's Etsy Blog, where she has sweetly written about my shop. thank you for considering my shop for your blog saidie!

i just recently found out that jhayne from black white bliss featured two pairs of my booties on her blog. that was an incredible find! thank you so much! her blog is amazing, especially for those who love everything black & white. she has amazing taste and i am still trying to figure out where she finds everything...it is a mystery.

to all my wholesalers and consignors, thanks to you all. especially to one good bumblebee for being so awesome, of course! and for answering all of my idiotic business trivia *) i heart you big time lady.

and finally the biggest hug of all goes out to my customers! thanks to everyone! thanks for allowing me into your life.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey you! I haven't heard from you in a while. I bet you're super busy with a million orders. I just wanted to say that this post is so cute and sweet. You're so cute!! And you're stuff is too! There's no way you can go but up because your stuff is that good. Isn't that exciting? Yippy! Oh and thanks for the thank you. And you're very very welcome!

trisha said...

it was an easy post to write! *someday* we'll have little ones with way too many of those booties ;) keep up the great work!